Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Charcoal

The light begged to bloom
Just as time snatched away
Pale, she looked, hugging and wailing
But whose tears ever drowned a Boeing’s?
I wonder!

Distance grew old with every thread
But when it flew, she rebirths
If it settles and stays,
Who will wipe the dust on memory page?
I wonder!

The embrace of strong cocoa brew
Veils the hole that valediction makes
A hope that it is only a trip
Gosh! Could this even be a trick?
I wonder!

This time he vowed not to sob
Soggy towels, yet she will not stop
Charcoals and stencils can’t do all the talk
Will this walk be worthy?
I wonder I wonder!

-170608-ub matthews ©2008


Epilogue

Borrowed the first few punch lines from Claire Horner-Richardson from her summary of a painting she did for me as she was parting to a realer place than ‘la la’ land – ‘charcoal on board’.
I adore people that inspire me…no matter how pankey! Cheerio woman! Distance is just a mere deceit in this other world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
it reminds me of those last few days in malaysia! i will save this and read it on special occasions wen im feeling it and i really need some good words and memories to think of.

THANK YOU.

i was guna write to u but our computer is screwy like it often is and facebook is messed up so i cant. =( but ill save the message n send it to u wen stuff is workin better.
enjoy malaysia for me. its a great place full of great people. say hi to it for me.

Unknown said...

write me, write me oh please! I miss you oh!