Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Illusion

Moment fades into vision
Dactyls crawl to a stop, to listen,
To the footsteps of rain tiptoeing on the rafter
Hoping to hear a rhythm
To make music
For the lyrics silence wrote
But, tick-tock tick-tock
The second-hand hurries away
With each stride, sets a pace
As though to a place,
A place,
where language dances to the rhythm of the rain
and with each tap of keys,
The music transpose with briskness.
Like reflex, the door swings with the ensemble
Squeaking a perfect ad lip as it is carried along by the wind
And as the thunder claps to a crescendo
The applause wakens my pulse
To reveal the only music playing, as the tap on the keyboard,
And the melodies of solitude in my head


©Ub M - 260808

2 comments:

随笔 said...

my friend told me, everyone sometimes have their own way to understand and interpret others words, and for me, I feel the rhythm of your words are jumping and dancing on the street at night.^_^

Unknown said...

wow! that is some deep thought! I was desperate to post something so, as I fiddled with my keyboard in search for a topic sentence, it started raining cats and dogs. I ended up listening to rain and it was just the inspiration I needed