Thursday, January 31, 2008

roll camera, action!

I just needed to write something that isnt poems and stuffz, I decided to blabber about an eventful, stressful, exciting, different weekend.....
Camera, light, wardrobe, rehearse, roll camera, rotate, angle, ACTION! Geez! I must have heard these phrases like a thousand times over the weekend that when it was all over, I could still hear the directors cutting things in ma head.
Ma ass was needing some action after being dormant for an unholy period of time. So, when the late call came in to play an ‘extra talented’ role in some Guinness commercial, no doubt, I jumped! other dramatic miracles ensued, one of which includes a code that I stumbled upon....ssshhh!...to place international calls that cost lower than plaacing a local call, I talked to mama and other folks until their cells screamed, timeout!....what a weekend!

The rush of time-keeping the wee hours of the morning so that I don’t miss my 7am call time on set, the cast, the crew, the technology, the cuts and actions, the long hours, the Guinness’s, etc. On the whole – exciting, I must say!

Despite being a talent for the shoot, my engineering person kept giving me away. The lighting, sound, the cameras, the gadgets, and all, it doesn’t fail to fascinate me, the physics of life playing right before my eyes.

The irony of the whole shoot was the amount of time invested to produce a 30seconds commercial…minus the pre-shoot time; it took about 2days straight to get 30second footage…plus the fat budget….how cool!

No comments: