Monday, December 17, 2007

TOSALI

In a world full of flattery
In a world strikingly trifling
In a world biting and fighting
I’ll lift a hand, I’ll light a heart
When temper rises and quench
And mothers wail and birth
Where maidens seek reprise
I’ll lift a hand and light a heart
Isn’t it the voice of a lonely child?
Drowned by moans of carnal desire
Didn’t she scream like she hurting?
When you muffled the voice of reason
Where distraction abounds in droves,
I’ll train my ears, and free a life
When the choices we make
Is enslaved by our inevitable wants
We try to right the wrongs
Still it don’t make us rise
Amidst confusion and sleek ideations
I’ll stretch the arm to light the heart


Ub©


A tribute to Tosali

This material came to me while visiting Tritana Orphanage with Sara O. The motto being, ‘lift a hand, light a heart’. There was this sweet little girl, angel, doodeedoo, Tosali, her name, probably about 10 months old, who was brought in apparently because one of the aunts intentionally dislocated her two limbs from the elbow for whatever reasons when she was 8months old, holy bladabadating!…the arms has since healed and she was trying to sing and clap with me. Clapping she would have had difficulty doing with broken limbs. I was so humbled and lifted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UB you told me i had to leave my trace every time i visited your site...so i am. =)

This is really beautifull.
Im not sure what else to say.
I spent an afternoon at the orphanige with Tosali in late December. She laughed and smiled more than any of the other children there. She had lovely little arms but you can still see scars on them, even now that they're healed.
You did her justice here.

Unknown said...

Haha..yu are very obedient!
Thank you, she deserves the beautiful things in life...

I was super inspired as well as humbled....Tosali was so 'doodeedoo' when I was there...she made my day,smiling and playing with me without any cautions, prejudice or jugdements..and she was super lovely! I cant be anymore detailed.....exactly how the world should be....