Friday, May 13, 2005

Beware!...of pickpockets!

This feeling of adventure crept into ma thinking faculty quite early in the dawn. I was thinking of how to savage time that I wasted and have to recover. Jumped off ma bed into ma clothes and KL wa the destination.
I went with the original intention of getting some components that I blew up for ma Project but, it turned out to be an exciting-cum-tiring escapade. I ravaged ma brain to figure out the most convinient yet not expensive and easy way to get to Jalan Pasar. Owing to the recent nike in Cab fares, I did not want anything to do with the Cabbies but, I couldn't help it! I learnt a valuable lesson...never ask a Cab driver for direction..he might as well take you there.
I must have used all the available means of public transportation today except the ones with wings. What I thought was gonna be just an electronic component shopping turned out to be some serious all-weather shopping. I don't know if it was because of the little change I had in ma wallet or perhaps, some shopping spirit possesed me for a while. I only took caution when ma fare back was being affected....tsk! I am spending like I am earning and ma Mum's not here...HELP!
Travelling with the bus and train is seldom exciting so I decided to engage ma thoughts so as to disperse the boredom I was slipping into.....then this sign on one of the bus caught ma attention. "Beware of Pick-pockets!" ....Damn! I wouldn't bulge over such things because, no correct thinking dude would want to risk his hand for ma wallet but, I reasoned, 'is there any cause for this kind of alarm?" are the commuters thinking of something dicey?...who are this pick-pockets? - the conductors? I did not see any!
If there was be an alarm, I think it should be warning sleeping passengers that the Conductor will not wake you up at your stop or that if the stop-bell doesn't work...scream! The things that we should beware of are not emphasied...like, beware! our un-comfortable seats can cause spinal injuries or, beware! the number of jerks and stops can trigger hypertension......Beware!

No comments: