Thursday, August 02, 2007

..to eat and shyte

As I was ruminating over some very trivial matters today, a thought breezed into my mind. Maybe it was more of a question... ‘what is the important thing in life?’ such a question is bound to trigger a lot of debated arguments by intellectuals so, I narrowed it down to ‘if I were opportune to listen prayers offered by folks each day to their gods, what would be the most common request?'

I let my mind wander futilely and on seeing the vagueness in my query I backed out of that trance albeit cautiously. In trying to ask my question in line within basic human need, I was able to gather a pattern of thought. While some folks are praying that their $220 million deal close smoothly for the present day, and that they are able to afford their pet’s food and vet bills, other humans with same or better human qualities are asking ‘god’ to provide food, be it just one ‘decent’ meal a day.

BANG! There came a very simple reasoning for the question. The most important thing in life for almost all species of fauna and flora might just boil down to eating, and of course ‘shyting', since food can’t barely stay in there for long. Every other need is merely a function of this. It is like food in the stomach excites all other needs – physical, sexual, emotional, spiritual, environmental, name it! I was just wondering, maybe we need food to be able to show or accept love...hmm.

It seems like it all depends on the conceptual mindset. The guy asking for $220 million is apparently gonna eat and shyte with most of it, and the guy asking for just a decent meal/day is just trying to eat and shyte too! what the heck! Amazing the ironies of life? Food that is wasted by millions being a miracle for some, an answer to prayers!

I almost saw myself swearing that I will strive to upgrade the ritual of folks asking for food to begin thanking for food. Like, I should not be personally aware of someone that is starving and let that continue, no matter the excuse, thatz like denying someone the basic air to breathe with.

No comments: