Thursday, July 12, 2007

12 bucks...

I was a victim of an organised scam today....guess what! It wasnt the famed Nigerian scam but a consortium of Malaysian 'go-gos'.
After walking the perimeter of the supposedly the Biggest shopping complex in south east Asia, looking for a shop to fix ma broken guitar, I chanced upon a Mega sales in one of the departmental shops and decided to take a pip.
Well, the first ploy was that I had to get a 'member's' card before I was allowed entry! I couldnt even bloody 'look' at them 'hot' deals if i didnt pay, whoa!
well,....I obliged...I wouldnt let 12 bucks ruin any top-flight bargains that might be lurking around in this SALES. The first mistake the folks made was to print ma name wrongly on ma discount card. On a good day, I'd overlook it but not after I am coaxed into getting a discount card that I might not need much...the bummer is that I would have to pay 12 bucks yearly to renew it....not an issue!
Those kindda shopping sprees are crazy and the faint hearted should not attempt trying to look at the prices, at 70% minus all the business and political bullshit, most of the prices of things in ma opinion were ridiculously low. You could see chains of queues trying to give their hard-earned dough to the stakeholders of Jusco Shopping center...I bet many woulda fought just to be allowed to pay for their merchandise.
Well, ma legs were almost giving in on me after the long stroll, with limited funds and a maxed card, I was in a dilema deciding what to buy...everything seemed a pretty good deal but I would not let ma good jugdement stand in the way, I was gonna be very meticulous for once in a lifetime!
I ended up making it a 'shoe' day! some deals were too good to think twice, I went away with two pairs, football boot plus miscellanous items that included a table tennis set! The 12 bucks that will be 'stolen' from me yearly now goes to a good course when I look at the stack of ma shooping bags...I hope future sales can carry 100% discount tag and be pre-empting enough to grab the attention of innocent chaps like me unawares.
Well, I can walk around in ma shoes and play table tennis while figuring out how to live through July now that I am officially broke at the beginning of the month.....may God help us feeble-minded.

No comments: