Friday, July 06, 2007

belly talk...

'...Yu delivered me from the valleys of the shadow of death.....and kept me from evil...'
Life is a journey, itz an expedition, heck! Itz a mystery! Other wise, why are there so many questions that don’t have straight up answers? We tend to study and predict, indict, contradict, and extinct the laws of common sense. Nobody is just wise, experience is the best wisdom teacher, study all yu want!

Digression! I don’t tend to want to indulge in that thot, it could be a thesis.
While on the last lap of solving Mr. Rubix’s cube, I got so frustrated that I decided to hit sack, it never happened, all my projections was marred by pain, excruciating abdominal pain I mean. It has happened to me in that at three instances in my sojourn here on earth, I vividly remember each instance on the back of ma fingers, therez nothing I wouldn’t want to do to take the pain away – not even surgical operation!

Doctors have cooked up intelligent names for it but none could find the reason or an answer, it remained a guess game, some wanted to name it Appendicitis but the symptoms proved them wrong, Gastric was also ruled out. One wanted to dissect me for same anyway, thank God for making the stubborn type, itz been useful sometimes!

One Dr. Viji, an Indian guru, almost healed me by engaging me in a biological talk about the issue, explaining all the organs in ma digestive system, how they function and attempting to draw it on my prescription note. I swear! Memories of Mrs. Ukpong Ma Biology Professor, started pouring into ma thots stream, she coulda been proud of me now, I was more literate than I am known to be. As therapy, suggested that I eat breakfast, avoid spicy food, curry, and most of all that I should think about my girlfriend and I will be just fine – what ever made him feel that I had one…..(ininghe should read this one!) - HOW COOL IS THAT FOR A DOCTOR!
You, all that doctor terms, ‘passing motion’ – for goodness sake! that thing is called ‘Shitting’ or ‘Uduan’ if you are the more polite type. (Akwa Ibomites would appreciate this joke more).

When the medical bills were surging in a private clinic, I decided to go and bear the rigors of the Public funded hospital, which was of course by the recommendation Dr. Viji when he projected too when he witnessed the pain that someone might just need to cut me open and find out what the heck causing this horrendous pain to this sweet boy…… Dr Ahmed was nice too, same old shitty tests, blood, urine, temperature, x-ray, and nothing is wrong with me! Dr. Viji also commented that in India I woulda been a specimen for medical students….I almost believed him!

I could also count the number of times that I have tripped to a hospital in my entire life, it was bare - x-ray for college medical tests and the fact that I was born there were the only incidences I remember prior to visiting Asia. I dunno what it done to me, now; I am advised to lay off most Asia cuisine, how cruel!

The funny thing about me having this abdominal crushes is that it makes me into a baby - yeah, I said it! Folks might be wondering, this dude with all the muscles being this smitten, even sicker folks had to wait for doctors to jab some morphines into ma ass to alleviate the pain a lil bit.

The fact that I wanna write about this shit is amazing, the point is that I am ever so grateful to God who has been healing me all this years and keeping me healthy and kicking even when I can be so careless at times in regards to my wel-being...and Doctors can at least find a name to whatever is manufacturing pains in there.
To also appreciate those little and big angels who do one or the other to keep me alive including the ones that give me free medical lectures as a healing therapy. This helps me continue to carry out my earthly functions which include putting lasting smiles on faces of people that I meet daily amongst other functions. Tusen Takk!!!

No comments: