Thursday, July 19, 2007

beautiful wealthy, violent rich?

'...Beautiful women obtain wealth and, violent men become rich..' prov 11:16(NLT)
After reading that phrase in THE book, My mind went wild...as opposed to violent-kindda-wildness anyways! I was like ...'WHAT'! What concept did this Solomon David of a guy try to promote? For sure he couldnt just have meant to promote thuggery and gangsterism and all sorts of other social vices that violence is traditionally thought to be related to.
Well, looking at it objectivally, I had a 'perspiration'...nay, inspiration! The book of Proverbs ( Im not promoting religion now, I actually dont have one....like I always say, I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus.); allows me to belief that it is a very clear-cut guide to any young person who is trying to 'get-smarter' in this smart-arsed world. I always thot of THE book as a very religious piece until I begin finding sayings like that on its pages. It gives counsel about almost any/everything to any/everyone....(babblers and psychos....run your mouths now...its ya game from here)
I am fond of digressing, a serious setback! .....now, about the 'perspiration' I received after reading the phrase, I found maself asking, what is beauty, what is wealth, what is violence and what is rich? The answer 'intuition' gave me to this question, gave me a very invaluable insight. I didnt need to use the dictionary and would suggest that similar seekers of this answer refrain same when getting answers.
When I showed this phrase to one of my ever persistent-analyser-debater-nonbelievinginshit housemate, his response displayed not just usual human 'narrow'-mindedness but the need for him to, albeit superlative-human-intelligence-and-mindset, 'ask and answer'!
I feel that anybody that was perplexed as I was about such an advice found in a holy book would receive similar or broader enlightenment by answering same.
.... and about violent men being rich,......argh! I love them riches!

No comments: