Saturday, March 26, 2005

Good Friday!

Isn't it Good Friday today? I can't believe that it almost slipped ma memory. There are many things that I still have to get adjusted to and re-adjust again when I opt to out this teritory. I was flinching around and lost sight of the fact that something very serious and important is going on througout the world.
To Christians and Un-Christians, Easter should not need much explanations. It spells out very cleary in the social calendar and doesn't need to be over-emphasied. It is a period when Jesus Christ had to pass through the orgies of a criminal's death just to make a statement - that he wasn't really out to proclaim himself as the "King of the Jews" but to make atonement, a rather costly adventure.
Good friday, a name that contradicts itz meaning is the beginning of the end of the orgies he had to pass through, a time when he had to be nailed to a cross!- This for whatever reasons. Why call a day that some innocent dude was hanged on a cross to die a shameful death? What a mysterious name. I would have called it 'Bad Friday!' Bad things happenned to a good guy. What a world? Doesn't sound like something that should be termed 'celebration' does it?
In other parts of the world, itz a period that hardly goeos un-noticed but here, I almost forgot! Forgive me Father! Had it not been for the fact that I went to CF, I would probably remember this only much later in the day I guess.
What about this Easter egg thingy? Is Easter about eating eggs? we shall talk about this strange tradition mush later.
Trying to vindicate maself of the guilt of wasting the while day doing nothing, I resorted to many kindda things. Asked around college for part-time jobs for lazy students and I thank God that the people I approached were somewhat helpful. Letz hope something poops-up.
Men I have't enjoyed studying the way I am doing lately. Don't say me to be a good student cos' I am not! I learnt so many things today of which I am so grateful to God. Do good things happen on Good Fridays?

No comments: