Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Anikarc!

If there is some good things alongside bad ones that I have learnt from ma Afro Arab friends, it is 'brotherly love'. It really trips me to see the way the greet each other. The guys hug each other and you will seldom see them sit down to greet somebody they haven't met before or seen in a while. You might mistake them to be faggards especially in Asia where some people are pretty wierd. They ain't!
Don't go to an Afro Arab guy's house and refuse to sit for a customary drink. It may be interpreted as contempt. They are very generous as I have observed.
..That brings me to this.....have you noticed that 'bad' people are very generous? Don't tap this but, there seem to be this giving spirit in them especially when the stuffz they are offering is 'unhealthy'.
Take for an instance, Smokers(I smoke too so please don't crucify me!). You can walk up to a complete stranger who apparently must hate you and ask for a stick and he/she will offer it without a hitch. You might get lucky to make fast buddies this way!
Tell the same person to front you some change to 'makan' and you might get 'labeled'. Interesting huh!
You see the joy with which Druggers share their stuff, they don't give it a second thought. 'There is joy in sharing' could pass for their motto. I laugh it off this strange behaviour...or are they mocking- .....at least I don't have to die alone! Don't ask me.
I think I might speak basic Arabic if I am serious about it. Ma friends never have the courtesy to speak in the 'linqua franca' any time they are around me. So pathetic. I turned it into an opportunity to learn....and I could curse using in Arabic!

No comments: