Thursday, April 07, 2005

Un-living life

"Oh death, where is thy sting? Oh grave where is thy victory?"
The important things in life that we take for granted but suffer a terrible loss when taken away. It was a black week, the news of people passing out couldn't stop making the rounds. It started with the Pope but when the news of my Friend's pops kicking the bucket reverberted ma ossicles, I was hit! We just talked about the Old man a forthnight ago and I was totally taken aback that that was the last time he'd discuss about his Pops while he was still breathing. It is something that I do not wish to happen to anyone but inevitable as it appears, I am amazed when people just realise that life still goes on no matter what!
I try to say a prayer for ma friends and thier loved ones every time I talk to Jesus and I ask Him to protect and bless them families. It slips ma memory often attimes but, God knows whatz best for his children and doesn't give 'em stones instead 'o bread.
Reminiscing on the number of times I have prayed for me folks. Nothing will happen to them until I am ready for it - this I know but, Itz not an oversight altogether. I can't imagine how I'd take it, God willing I be by thier side when they need to SLIP. We just may not know how special the people who brought us into this world are until when someday they pass away but I ain't waiting till then. The most unfortunate thing is that we don't know the timings, we could only hope the inevitable tarries awhile. While having this in mind, we do our best to show them appreciation for it ain't easy to raise homosapiens. I swear!
I am not very good at consoling as I turn out to be giving sermons but, to all ma buddies who have ever lost a loved one whom they are depending upon, No amount of consolation, fasting or tear can bring them back to the throes of reality but....May God be your Father, companion and friend and be there when you think you'd be needing him most. Amen.

No comments: