Friday, April 29, 2005

Cheap is TALK!

If you are among those that advocate that talk is cheap? Well, you'd better have a rethink! The Mr Teo sumthing somthing Closed Debate competition just ended in my college and it was really not something to miss. The talk we talk for granted was a talk that folks were stuttering to talk! It was really amazing. The Debate has run through the week with the different schools in the college having verbal battles to make it as the year's champion. It was a period to reminisce on for some and a bugging memory for the others. Something about this Debate was unique. It wasn't just controversial topics but the cheers and jeers from the floor. It was more like an Argument. Who ever had fans in Debates? tsk!
Two folks made me not too miss the Debate sessions, A bitccch named Vishnu(Damn! this guy is a wind bag!..Tap that!) from Engineering School and some fake ass Beauty from the school of communications. It was a Word battle. Studying here has not really availed me the oportunity of listening to folks communicate with such constructive, well-reasoned, semi-polished, Vocabulary-rich well-accentuated English Language.....not even the Language lecturers! So, whenever I have the grace to listen to some cool shit, I am always so excited.
I like to take folks on and that is just what Vishnu did! Take them on right on the spot if the toy with your read intelligence. He would have won the best speaker's award if he wasn't too much on the mean-cocky-bitchy side. He was too good for his type. Other speakers sucked! It ranged mainly from the accent to the grammar. Some were ridiculously wack....'namean?
It is paying off for these folks who must have taken the extra effort to learn the Language wihout the 'LAHs'. I enjoyed listening to these guys yapp and I was clapping like an 'esctasiascal' manaic. People take sides in Debates but I jammed my dactyls for any bod who could impress me with wits and the Language. My school took the runners-up title but 'twas all good, I was 'perspired'.
I got into 'ma moods' and was almost sulking when some homeys came around and I got the spirit of talk. I kept babbling about god-knows-what until dusk. This continued without check. Resorted to listening to some Gospel vibes online. It was pretty much a lazy day for me, "the things I wanted to do I did not but things that I did not want to do I found maself doing"
Events like this I think if organised more frequently, would enable students understand that TALK is cheap-not so to say. It is learned....hah!

2 comments:

daenielle said...

So, looks like my school didn't manage to defend our title huh? Too bad! You did watch our debate though, right? Anyway, who were the champs? Which school? Wish I could have been there to watch cuz I love debates, but unfortunately I was climbing Mt. Kinabalu.

Unknown said...

Yeah! I wish you was there(don't mind the grammar!). It was so fun. School of communications won while School of Engineering was the runner-up.We really need to talk. set a date. the way things are going fast and weird. we may be scrampling for time later..peace