Wednesday, April 13, 2005

To tell or not to tell!

I used to have this 'Bossphobic' troublems. When ever I am ordered to take a sit in that leather upholstery, I vibrate with trepidation and might lose ma voice if the room is unmoderately airconditioned. It has taught me to approach the unapproachable no matter the hierarchy or ranks. If he/she talks, she can be seen! Some of them detect your fears no doubt and try to keep you pacified, the others just take you on right there on the spot zooming into the crest of your fears. Relax! itz all goood!
Have you ever walked into an office you have been frequently visiting and out of the blues ask for a name that gives you the response - 'what do you want to see him/her for?' Yeah! Itz the Boss you are looking for!
For some reasons, employees are skeptical when some apparently well-dressed, educated folk walks into the office and asks to see the Boss. I think I've found the reasonwhy this obtains. The fear that you are gonna complain about some ill-service or better still take away their jobs might be a possibility. So, scare the tell-a-tale bitch away!
Why would some fellow employee ask what you want to see the Boss for! Of course you are not there to ask the Boss out on a date, it might be something that you do not want to tell a 'mere' receptionist or secretary. I'll tell you the phrase I blob whenever I am asked the purpose of ma visit and I don't want to tell - 'Itz kindda about personal business' is what pours outta ma stuttering lips. Should it be confidentail? Either way, the poor receptionist might not tell the difference anyway. I tell you it not only works but if you suddendly rush to the door, you might catch the secretary eavesdropping. Do not think it to be good manners if you are asked on your way out about the success of the meeting with the Boss, they might just be gambling you'd let them in on the details....hmmm.
I'd advise you, never share your purpose of visit with the receptionist or you might be turned away with some half-cooked information. Some of the jobs of the receptionist is to send away impostors before they find their way to the 'almighty' Boss...watcha!

No comments: