Sunday, October 17, 2004

..Cost of living

There are many things that we take for granted in life, Living is one of them! Recently, I was opportuned to have the platform to re-consider this things......It really humbled me. The past couple of days has really taught some of life's salient issues and I will ever remember not to forget it.

Have you ever considered the actual cost of living? I mean the priceless cost of living? I have been blessed and I am ever so grateful for this. I try as muchas possible not to take any single day for granted.
We wake up everyday and think we have the right to be alive! In this era of human rights we have really been 'brainwashed' with the idea that we really have to live. Ever thought about the thousands of good people that don't wake up again after a good night's rest? Some of them deserve to live than the rest of us but they are taken-off abruptly. We really can't question this things.
The other kind of humans think they've been through with life try to assist nature in speeding up their 're-incarnation' process( I am not a fan!). They take or try to take their life to be away from itz grip of 'unfairness'. Not a bad option!
These two contrasting set of humans remind me that we are still on planet earth! Some think they should live longer, others think they've had it! Yet, there are this strange set that 'wish' they could survive the next day! Now, these are my uttmost concern. I recently met a man who was really stuggling to live. He told us his wonderful story of how he survived all the ordeal... Even though he's got to make do with crutches for the rest of his sojourn here on earth, I could tell that he's very happy to be alive! He's had 15 surgical operations and counting yet, he still uses cruthces to aid billateral movements. I really feel for these people who have to go through so much yet still have the courage to face another day. The sad part is that, most of this fortunate people rarely have the funds to assist them in living properly!
I ponder over the question how much does it cost to live? 100,000bucks?, 2million bucks? ....some of us that have never been to hospitals in our entire life, except that we were born there should have reasons to be grateful.
This should not make me feel lucky to live perfectly with all the physical endowments, Itz rather making me feel grateful and look forward to living each day as specail as it really is. I really wanted to post much on this but I am feeling lazy now.
I don't think that medics have had up to 10000bucks worth of ma currency in my entire life...now, isn't that worth being grateful?

No comments: