Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Welding!

"And a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cling to a woman and the two shall become one....for it is NOT good that man should be alone".
I haven't been to two occasions in a long while. They are weddings and funerals. I love this duo because the have something to do with the genesis of fauna. I was oportuned to attend the former on saturday and though it was not like what I am used to, I sat-back and reminisced. They call it wedding ceremonies, I call it welding ceremonies.....two people become one! How would that be except that they are welded. Now, you may call that a lame argument but I can sure run with it.
It is worth the thought that two people out of all the more fair substitutes choose themselves and vow to love each other 'till death do us part'. I sat there in the Church auditorum and asked myself, do this people really know or mean what they are saying? The though of death doing us part is not one that I would love to dwell on on a joyous day but as it appears, the Priest isn't aware of the fact that this young couple want to 'live happily ever after', have kids and probably, don't think of 'death doing them part' too soon. Please don't make me believe that any quarrels or misunderstandings would make them forget this vows made with occasional tears.
It is likened to a boy-girl relationship. Boy loves girl and girl is swooning. You can't just help but be a li'll bit jealous about them(it's healthy aight!). Soon girl finds out the boy snorts and boy realises she ain't vogue . Shit happens! I just borrowed this phrase from a friend. Yeah shit happens.....it may take a while or might just be what seems like a fraction of second. I really don't know where I am going with this but, This whole is as confusing as it appears. Some couples are so immature that they really don't know what they want from each other. They can't make their choice but leave this important obligation to chance and the s0-called opportunities.
We all go into relationships with expectations. This is the main cause of break-ups and stuff. It's all embeded in our selfish human nature. We want what good we can get outta it not what good we can un-attachingly offer. Thatzit! What you were expecting doesn't come forth and you conclude.....''that was not it!''. Letz try another game. If we clearly state our expectation when going into any relationship, we could minimise heart-breaks that accompany break-ups.
It's all a matter of choice. This is determining factor! Make the right choice and you jump...make the slightest error in choice and you grump. Sometimes it is good to go on escapades but when it comes to 'till death do us part' shouldn't we be more careful? I have been a very choosy person but of late I found out that my choice, personified, might just be another character in some fairy tale. I have since decided that neither will I let fate or circumstance make me choice. I choose with my heart.....now, that the best way to choose. Our choosiness might cause us a great deal. Choose with the head and you're bound to do a lot of calculations which might turn-out faulty. But they heart guards all things diligently.....try as much as you can to deceive yourself by thinking otherwise.
Nobody wants this counsels nowadays, we just go for the hot cakes not bothering if it burns. I have since learnt my lessons. Move when you can. Every risk is not worth taking. Every opporunity is just not IT!
It is quite hard for me to romance the phrase...'till death do us part'. ....'and they lived happily ever after' is more consoling. Untrue as it sounds
I really didn't mean to do this....for a while my fingers and brains seemed to communicate. I lost the link.....tsk.....we'll do this again...I need to find date. Gotta experience this thing too....................paces out!

No comments: