Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend blues

The humid-hot Saturday afternoon pursued me from PJ all the way to Help College, PBD. There was this meet for 'etudient les' Internationale. It was a great way to escape the bore of a rather unfriendly-warm weekend. Somehow, I am grateful that I did not miss out on this spectacular event. I got to meet lots of other International students, share thoughts with them, try-on some of their cultural delicacies(...and I think I ate snake!.....*purk*), and just stare at each others costumes with admiration or surprise.
Swerving to the vibes of some African music played by some Kenyans was not only gratifying but great. I learnt some Indonesian Tap-dance as from some Indon beauties ass well. Soon, it's food and food and drinks and everybody's so into it that there wasn't much talk!
The evening must have been ended too fast or we just couldn't have enough of the fun. So, when it was time to sing farewell, guyz deligently garnered contacts from the sisters who were not reluctant to give it away. Some of them even gave-out their cells!....tsk...~Mez gat some calls to make man~
It was rather absurd that after a such swell evening, we came home bored. All our efforts to keep the night alive proved to be futile until we resorted to 'makaning' again, watching some silly TV and crashing.
Slumbering outta bed in a home-boyz crib, a call came in. Itz churching time! I didn't really feel much like it but had not particular reasons not to. Church was great and I had a good time hanging out with friends after service to 'makan'
My study break week is almost over and if you asked 'did you study?' ..I'll probably respond....."study!"Many things happened during this study break and they will linger in my mind for a while. I am glad that it is all over. I can't wait to meet up buddies in school and attend some dumb-arsed lectures. I am grateful that I was able to survive this week. I never thought it'd be such an adventure

No comments: